St Gemma’s Hospice relies on the support of the local community through their fundraising and awareness raising efforts. With the help of our Ambassadors we are able to reach more groups, attend more fundraising events and have greater representation in the communities of Leeds. The Ambassador role is for people who are dedicated to the work of St Gemma’s Hospice. The role is varied and flexible depending on your own experience, commitments and skills. Main duties may include attending events on the Hospice’s behalf, speaking to groups about our work and supporting the Fundraising Department in various ways.
The role of an Ambassador is varied and the following duties will depend on your own preferences, skills and experience:
- To attend community fundraising events on behalf of St Gemma’s Hospice fundraising team. This may include speaking about our work, attending cheque presentations, running information and fundraising stalls or representing the Hospice.
- To help at St Gemma’s Hospice organised events throughout the year when possible. This includes our Hospice fairs, sponsored events and various others at the Hospice and in the local community.
- To help promote all Hospice events and initiatives to the local community.
- To become familiar with the Hospices key messages to ensure you are able to answer questions from members of the public or refer them to other information sources (such as the website or relevant staff member).
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to represent your local Hospice in the local community.
- The opportunity to receive training to help you deliver presentations on behalf of St Gemma’s
- The chance to learn about fundraising
- The prospect of improving your presentation and communication skills.
- The chance to use your skills and experience to support the Hospice’s fundraising activities.
- The opportunity to work with a friendly team
- A named line manager who will support you in your work
- An invitation to a Hospice wide induction
- Invitations to Volunteer thank you events and Quarterly Ambassadors meetings.
How to apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form on this page. You can then submit these by clicking on 'Apply for Role'. If you need an application pack sent to you in the post, please contact the HR team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0113 218 5500.
To discuss this opportunity in greater detail please call Anna Jones on 0113 218 5559, or email email@example.com.