There are collection boxes in local businesses all around Leeds city centre. The Fundraising Team will provide you with a list of places with full collection boxes. Your role will be to visit each location, deliver a new box and collect the full one. This role will require you to volunteer one day every two weeks, but this may increase when things get busier. The areas covered are LS1, LS2 and LS3, occasionally covering other LS postcodes as required.
What we will offer you
- Collecting empty collection boxes and relevant paperwork from the Fundraising Team.
- Delivering the empty collection boxes to the specified locations and collecting full collection boxes, speaking to members of staff and thanking them for their support.
- Returning the full collection boxes to the Hospice.
- Recording and returning any boxes that could not be delivered.
- Occasionally delivering other fundraising materials e.g. buckets, raffle prizes etc.
- Representing the Hospice in the local community.
- Accurately recording your mileage and planning your journey in the most cost effective way.
What we’d like from you
- A dedicated member of staff will guide and support you in your work plus you will receive supporting materials, a full induction to the Hospice and specific training, where appropriate, to help you get the most from your role.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to St Gemma’s Hospice.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people in your community and working as part of our skilled and friendly fundraising team.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in fundraising and communication.
- The chance to gain experience of working within a leading local charity.
- Travel expenses.
- Be polite, friendly and have good communication skills as the role involves speaking with lots of different people and talking about the Hospice.
- Have a full driving licence with the use of own vehicle.
- Have good organisational and planning skills with a good knowledge of the local area.
- Ability to use your own initiative and feel happy working on your own.
- Passion and enthusiasm for St Gemma’s Hospice.
- A willingness to learn about the Hospice and keep up to date with changes.
How to apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form on this page. You can then submit these by clicking on 'Apply for Role'. If you need an application pack sent to you in the post, please contact the HR team by emailing email@example.com or by phoning 0113 218 5500.
To discuss this opportunity in greater detail please call Maria White on 0113 218 5196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
End date: March 2nd, 2020
Interview Dates To Be Confirmed.