St Gemma's Hospice
Roughly 3- 5 hours once a week, either a morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday
We are looking for volunteers to provide a service as a member of the complementary therapies team and deliver complementary therapy treatments to patients and carers. There is also the possibility that complementary therapy volunteers can offer their services to the public in fundraising opportunities for the Hospice.
What we will offer you
- Use your Complementary Therapy skills to provide a holistic approach to patients and their carers, in collaboration with the other members of the multidisciplinary team, in order to ensure the provision of the highest quality of care.
- Provide care over a number of settings across the Hospice including Day Services and the Wards.
- Provide feedback on the patient’s well-being to the relevant Nurse and the Complementary Therapy Lead, and document in the patient’s notes.
What we’d like from you
- Participate in 6-8 weekly clinical supervision with the Complementary Therapy Lead.
- The opportunity to work with a friendly team.
- A named supervisor who will support you in your work.
- An invitation to an induction and training session.
- Invitations to Volunteer thank you events.
How to apply
- Be qualified, insured and registered with a professional body to practice a complementary therapy. This could be in therapeutic massage, aromatherapy, reflexology or reiki.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of complementary therapies, in particular the therapy for which you are qualified to practice.
- Have an understanding of the patient’s diagnosis, treatment, care and current condition.
- Be aware of contraindications or precautions in relation to the therapy you practice and to be able to adapt a treatment accordingly.
- Be committed to developing skills and knowledge related to the care of patients with active, progressive and advanced disease.
- Be committed to your own continuing professional development.
- Follow the Guidelines for Practice for Volunteer Complementary Therapists.
- Follow the Complementary Therapies policy and other Hospice policies relating to patient care and confidentiality.
Please read the role profile on this page, then download and complete the Volunteer Application Form. You can submit this completed application form by clicking on 'Apply for Role'. If you need an application pack sent to you in the post, please contact the HR team by emailing email@example.com
or by phoning 0113 218 5500.
To discuss this opportunity in greater detail please call Kathryn Booth
on 0113 2185500 ext 2069,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
End date: October 22nd, 2018
Interview Dates To Be Confirmed.