Working for St Gemma’s can offer a rewarding career in a friendly environment. Over 250 staff across a 4 acre site, Retail Hub and 24 Charity Shops work together to ensure that patients and their families have the best possible experience and receive the highest quality of care, totally free of charge.
The Hospice is expanding its healthcare team and is seeking a Healthcare Assistant to care for patients and their families who are living with a life limiting illness. You will work across our In-Patient Unit, which has two wards, as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting patients and their families.
We are looking for someone who:-
- Is qualified to at least a Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Is committed to delivering high quality patient care
- Has great communication skills.
- Has a working knowledge of IT
- Is prepared to work in a busy and emotive environment.
- Is keen to work in a strong and vibrant multi-disciplinary team.
Experience of working as a Healthcare Assistant caring for patients at the end of life is desirable.
We can offer:-
- Support to develop your skills including further accredited training
- A beautiful place to work
- Colleagues who always give their best.
- High quality food and drink at subsidised rates
- Free parking
- Great terms and conditions
St Gemma’s is committed to equal opportunities and strives to be diverse and inclusive, a place which reflects the communities we serve. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society as we value the different perspectives this brings.
To discuss this opportunity in greater detail please contact our Senior Sisters Denise Kay or Laura Storey or our IPU Culture Project Lead Clare Dixon on 0113 2185510 or 0113 2185520.
Please note that we do not accept Cvs.
Start date: May 10th, 2022
End date: May 24th, 2022
Interview Dates To Be Confirmed.