Are you an experienced nurse looking to gain knowledge, skills and expertise in palliative care? Do you want to work for an organisation where you can achieve your potential and deliver the highest quality of care? And do you value working with patients and their families to identify and meet their unique needs?
If so, then joining the in-patient team at St Gemma’s Hospice could be right for you.
We are expanding our nursing team. We welcome nurses from all specialities who can bring their experience and enthusiasm to an increasingly complex patient group. We are also keen to speak to those who would like to work as part of our Nurse Bank.
Our staff are able to provide highly technical care and treatment for patients with complex symptom management challenges alongside excellent patient and family centred psychological and social support.
- A structured induction based on End of Life Learning Outcomes
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Consistent nurse patient ratios (1:5)
- Education and development within our Academic Unit of Palliative Care
- A strong, motivated and happy inter-professional team
- Opportunities to develop across in-patient, day hospice and community settings
- Great facilities, including free parking and discounted meals in our bistro
- Competitive terms and conditions
St Gemma’s Hospice is the largest hospice in Yorkshire providing expert palliative and end of life care in a beautiful environment, for thousands of local people each year. It’s a prominent and respected charity at the heart of the local community with a large range of specialist services to support patients, their families and friends. We have been rated as Outstanding by the CQC and sit in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies in our staff survey.
Come and meet the team if you want to explore this opportunity further. To arrange to spend time at the Hospice, please contact Jo Westbury, Assistant to Chief Nurse on 0113 2185500.
Newly qualified nurses are welcome to apply.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.