Are you an experienced nurse looking to gain knowledge, skills and expertise in palliative care? Do you want to work for an organisation where you can achieve your potential and deliver the highest quality of care? And do you value working with patients and their families to identify and meet their unique needs?
If so, then joining the in-patient team at St Gemma’s Hospice could be right for you.
We are expanding our nursing team. We welcome nurses from all specialities who can bring their experience and enthusiasm to an increasingly complex patient group. We are also keen to speak to those who would like to work as part of our Nurse Bank.
Our staff are able to provide highly technical care and treatment for patients with complex symptom management challenges alongside excellent patient and family centred psychological and social support.
- A structured induction based on End of Life Learning Outcomes
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Consistent nurse patient ratios (1:6)
- Education and development within our Academic Unit of Palliative Care
- A strong, motivated and happy inter-professional team
- Opportunities to develop across in-patient, day hospice and community settings
- Great facilities including free parking and discounted meals in our bistro
- Competitive terms and conditions
St Gemma’s Hospice is one of the leading hospices in the UK. The Hospice provides expert palliative and end of life care, in a quality environment, for thousands of local people each year. It’s a prominent and respected charity at the heart of the local community with a large range of specialist services to support patients, their families and friends.
Working for St Gemma’s can offer a rewarding career in a friendly environment. Over 250 staff across a 4 acre site, Retail Hub and 24 Charity Shops work together to ensure that patients and their families have the best possible experience and receive the highest quality of care, totally free of charge.
Come and meet the team if you want to explore this opportunity further. To arrange to spend time at the Hospice please contact the Ward Senior Sisters Laura Storey (0113 2185510) or Denise Kay (0113 2185520).
Please note that we do not accept CVs.