Why do you need me?
By helping us with our collections, you will be helping us to continue to provide the very best quality of care to those who need us in Leeds.
Store Collections alone raised over £10,000 for the Hospice last year! By joining the team you can help us to keep up this fantastic work.
What will I be doing?
As a store collector you will be taking part in the following activities
- Collecting donations from the public at stores and supermarkets across Leeds
- Speaking to the public and raising awareness of the Hospice’s work
- Collecting and returning the collection boxes to the Hospice in Moortown
- You will not need to count the money yourself, simply drop it back off with us and we will count it and write to you to let you know how much you raised
- Making a difference to people in Leeds who are living with a terminal illness
When and Where?
The good thing this about collecting is that it is extremely flexible! As a store collector you are free to decide when and where you would like to collect, and how little or how often.
We book collection dates at various supermarkets which can be on weekdays or weekends and collectors usually collect for 1-4 hours a time.
What do you need from me?
We ask for all of our collectors to have good knowledge of the Hospice and what we do and you will also be required to fill out a short volunteering application form.
Apart from that we simply ask that all of our store collectors greet the public with a smile and thank each and every person for their donation no matter how small.
In return, as one of St Gemma’s Hospice’s fantastic store collectors you’ll benefit from
- The full support of the fundraising team
- Meeting with and working with new people all working towards the same goal
- Your own collection volunteer fundraising pack with St Gemma’s sash and badge
- Satisfaction of knowing that you have helped us to support people in Leeds and their families at the most difficult time of their life
If you would like to help or would like to hear more about future collections we would love to hear from you! Please contact Maria on 0113 218 5196 or email email@example.com
How to apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form on this page. You can then submit these by clicking on 'Apply for Role'. If you need an application pack sent to you in the post, please contact the HR team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0113 218 5500.