Do you have a genuine interest in the provision of high quality palliative and end of life care to the people of Leeds?
We are looking for new Trustees to join our Board to complement and strengthen our existing skills and knowledge. As a Trustee at St Gemma’s, you will be joining a progressive, professional and collaborative organisation.
Based in Leeds, St Gemma’s Hospice provides specialist palliative care and end of life care for individuals and support to families and carers. We provide high quality care in our In-Patient Unit, Day Services and in patients’ own homes. As a University Teaching Hospice, our Academic Unit of Palliative Care delivers high quality research, education and teaching.
Embedded within the Leeds community and working to our values of Caring, Aspiring and Professional, we pride ourselves on the excellence of our care in all settings.
Joining our Board will offer you an exciting opportunity to share your skills and make an important contribution to our strategic direction and continuous improvement.
We are hoping for candidates who understand the communities we serve and who can demonstrate valuable experience, skills or knowledge. We are particularly looking for candidates to join these Committees:
- Clinical & Academic Governance Committee: A leader with experience of, or a particular interest in, specialist palliative or end of life care. This experience may come from health, social care, community development or direct experience of St Gemma’s services.
- Finance and Business Committee: A commercial leader who may have expertise in areas such as financial management, business planning, risk management or governance.
We are looking for individuals with an ability to think creatively, with good independent judgement, strategic vision and a commitment to the organisation.
Training will be provided to support your understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities of trusteeship.
St Gemma’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society as we value the different perspectives this brings.
To arrange an informal discussion with the Chair of the Corporate Governance Committee, please contact Jennifer Fletcher, Administration Manager, on 0113 218 5500.
To apply for this post, please email the following to email@example.com
- A comprehensive CV (no more than three sides of A4)
- A supporting statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification
- Details of two referees
- Equal opportunities monitoring form that can be downloaded from this advert page. The information you provide on this form will be treated as confidential and used for statistical purposes only. The form will not be treated as part of your application.